Product information is part of safety
Even if a product is safe in itself , improper use of the product may cause dangerous situations. For the protection of consumers, certain information must be supplied with all products. Instructions and warnings are provided for a reason: they are based on incidents that have happened in real life. In Finland all labels must be in Finnish and Swedish. A warning in a foreign language is not sufficient.
Packaging must contain the following information:
- The name of the manufacturer or supplier, who the consumer or authority can contact if necessary.
- The name and purpose of the product (for example hair colourant).
- Instructions for use if these are necessary for safety.
- Washing, cleaning and care instructions if necessary.
- Instructions for disposing of the product if necessary.